Can D used for BIG-HUGE projects?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 12:41:26 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 19 December 2020 at 12:33:47 UTC, Marlon wrote:
> I'm talking about basic building blocks. See the "nitro" part
> of the message.
> Good luck mixing thing together, if you need something outside
> of the lone ranger sandbox.

The only basic building blocks that matter are the ones that
occur in interfaces. So D desperately needs a flexible and
efficient way to convey ownership for instance, allowing
libraries to transfer ownership of resources. Same thing with
ensuring thread local ownership and what the memory model
implies. So I think there is language spec work to be done before
completing solid basic building blocks, unfortunately.