Possible to cross-compile from Linux to OSX?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Feb 4 19:30:13 UTC 2020

So far, cross-compiling from Linux to Windows has been awesome, thanks
to LDC2's awesome cross-compiling capabilities. All I needed to do was
to download the Windows ldc2 release, edit ldc2.conf to point to it,
then compile with -mtriple=x86_64-windows-msvc, and it magically all
works.

However, I'm having a tougher time cross-compiling to OSX... downloaded
the ldc2 osx release, setup ldc2.conf, and compile with
-mtriple=x86_64-apple-darwin, but it appears to be trying to invoke my
local Linux linker, which chokes on the OSX object file format and dies
horribly. :-P  I'm guessing I need to somehow install an OSX toolchain
for this to work?

Computers shouldn't beep through the keyhole.