3 months of waiting...

berni44 dlang at d-ecke.de
Sat Feb 8 16:29:18 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 8 February 2020 at 01:40:36 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 2/7/2020 12:00 PM, berni44 wrote:
>> I would actally recommend to close old PRs.
> I strongly oppose closing PRs just because they are old, and
> the corollary of closing old Bugzilla issues just because they
> are old.

I'm sorry, maybe I didn't express myself clearly enough: I do not
want to close them, just because they are old, but to actually
handle them somehow. As far as I know, several of them could
either be merged (maybe with some minor changes) or it is quite
clear, that they will never be merged (for example because the
issue has been addressed in a different way meanwhile).

On Saturday, 8 February 2020 at 01:52:25 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Another way is to construct a tester that randomly generates
> bit patterns, then formats the result with both sprintf and the
> new implementation, and they must match exactly. Then it's a
> matter of how many of these test cases are run.

That's what I did - see [1]. H. S. Teoh suggested above to put
them into std/internals to preserve them and have a possibility
to let others run the tests too. I'll have to see. Havn't peeked
into std/internals yet...

[1] https://github.com/berni44/printFloat