DIP 1030--Named Arguments--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Feb 11 01:18:08 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 12:58:23AM +0000, aliak via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> But that darned __parameters thing. It's the devil. Reminded me of the
> first time I encountered that insomnia inducer, courtesy of H. S. Teoh
> (thanks HST) -
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.1565.1379620490.1719.digitalmars-d-learn@puremagic.com

Whoa.  Just last week I was trying to look up this exact post, but
couldn't, and now you show up with a convenient direct link to it.  :-D
Thanks!!

And yeah, __parameters must be one of the darkest corners of D with the
strangest, quirkiest semantics that anybody can imagine. It took me a
LOT of trial-and-error and staring at Phobos code before I figured out
that arcane black magic. (And even then, I'm still not 100% sure I got
it all right...)

Life is complex. It consists of real and imaginary parts. -- YHL