DIP 1030--Named Arguments--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:26:05 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 11 February 2020 at 01:18:08 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> It took me a LOT of trial-and-error and staring at Phobos code
> before I figured out that arcane black magic.

Getting individual pieces out of it need some techniques (gotta
use the slice technique to get param UDAs too btw). It isn't bad
once you know them, but yeah, you aren't going to magically know
it without help.

But doing it to *forward* like Manu wants is *very* easy. Then
you just treat it as a single block and it ALL automatically just
works! This isn't impossible, it isn't error-prone, it isn't even
particularly verbose. It is just one thing to use.