DIP 1030--Named Arguments--Community Review Round 1 Feedback

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:09:26 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 6 February 2020 at 06:09:36 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This is the feedback thread for the first round of Community
> Review of DIP 1030, "Named Arguments".
>
> [...]

I think it would be important to consider not always enabling
named arguments, either by opting in or out of the new feature.
It could adequately address concerns about parameter names being
part of the API. For example, I don't think it'd be crazy to
limit this to only parameters with default arguments.

In Python one can tell the language that certain parameters are
positional-only:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0570/