Emitting C/C++ headers

Gregor Mückl gregormueckl at gmx.de
Wed Feb 19 22:42:14 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 16 February 2020 at 03:53:47 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Where are we at with this?
> There was a flurry of activity last year, but did anything make
> it
> across the line? Is it present in the current release? I can't
> see any
> mention in the compiler reference.

I would use that feature in a heartbeat. There is a lot of code
that I would like to rather write in D for use in existing C++
codebases, but maintaining equivalent C++ interface headers is
not my idea of fun, so I nix the idea again every time I think
about it.

I can't really take the top down approach where D provides the
main program and calls into C++ libraries. So tools like dpp -
despite being great little helpers - don't apply at all where it
would matter most to me.

So is there currently a block for the PR?