Emitting C/C++ headers

MoonlightSentinel moonlightsentinel at disroot.org
Thu Feb 20 14:01:22 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 20 February 2020 at 08:24:12 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> What I do not understand, does this pr only takes care about
> C++ or also C too?

The generator currently creates C++ headers but maybe it could be
extended for pure C headers.

> And the deficiencies you mentioned, are they only C++ related
> and what is the state on C header generation?

There are some remaining bugs / limitations:
- Cannot create separate header files, only only big header (run
dmd for each module instead)
- some D features are not implemented yet
- some D Features generate wrong headers
- the header format could be improved

That being said it‘s certainly usable and will probably improve a
lot once people start  contributing through  PRs.

PS: Refer to the dshell test in my PR for a runnable example.