DMD backend quality (Was: Re: DIP 1031--Deprecate Brace-Style Struct Initializers--Community Review Round 1 Discussion)

jxel jxel at gmall.com
Thu Feb 20 14:48:49 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 20 February 2020 at 05:54:13 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 February 2020 at 03:35:13 UTC, jxel wrote:
>
>> one expects these things to change. What seems like common
>> sense means nothing to someone stubborn and blinded by pride.
>
> There are historical reasons why Optlink is still around and
> they have nothing to do with stubbornness or pride. Please make
> your points without going ad hominem.

Being around for backwards compatibility and STILL BEING USED IN
RELEASES are two very different things. Historical is the only
thing that should describe Optlink. With all the breaking changes
that are already happening, one can't really argue keeping it to
maintain backwards compatibility either.

Anyways it seems we are one step closer to that, if the PR
doesn't get reversed before release.