I want off Mr. Golang's Wild Ride

JN 666total at wp.pl
Sat Feb 29 15:58:28 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 29 February 2020 at 08:56:36 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> On Friday, 28 February 2020 at 22:50:05 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> https://fasterthanli.me/blog/2020/i-want-off-mr-golangs-wild-ride/
>>
>> This is a very worthwhile read. There's a lot for us to learn
>> here.
>
> I tried Go a while back, but when I found that it enforces K&R
> style to the point of issuing errors if I used Allman-style
> curly braces, I just lost interest.
>
> Yeah, it doesn't take much. :)

In these kind of languages, you forget about formatting at all.
You just set "go fmt" to run on each save in your IDE and then
you can put braces however you want and the formatter will set
them up in an expected way.

For D I also run dfmt on save and don't really argue with it. I
used to be in the "let people code how they want" camp, but
nowadays I'm more for consistent formatting, because it's one
less barrier when reviewing code from others.