DIP 1028---Make @safe the Default---Community Review Round 1

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 02:42:26 UTC 2020

On Friday, 3 January 2020 at 01:24:17 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/2/2020 6:39 AM, 12345swordy wrote:
>> This dip, doesn't describe how to make the destroy function
>> for classes safe, as the class deconstructors don't inherent
>> the attributes from the parent class.
>
> Issues with @safe that are not about making @safe the default
> (i.e. not about the DIP) are off-topic. Please start a new
> thread with them.

What about bugs for @safe that require an DIP to fix then? Your
dip doesn't address this at all. Your strategy seems to make it
safe by default and not worry about any code that may be broken
from using unsafe language features that can not be simply fix
with a pull request. I don't see how this is in any way off-topic
here. Is your current workaround for this is to abused the
@trusted feature?