DIP 1028---Make @safe the Default---Community Review Round 1

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Jan 3 11:20:35 UTC 2020

On 1/2/2020 9:20 PM, Arine wrote:
> On Friday, 3 January 2020 at 01:31:26 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> This DIP is not about changing how trusted code is inserted. If you'd like to
>> discuss that, please start a separate thread. Please keep this thread on-topic
>> about the DIP.
>
> If issues with @safe aren't going to be considered with this DIP, then I'd say
> this DIP should be delayed until issues with @safe are resolved before forcing
> it as the default.

No. We don't have time to do all development serially.

> Don't think I can think of a language that is safe by default
> that needs to use a hack with a separate language feature to get desired behavior.

Issues not in bugzilla do not get fixed. Please put all issues with @safe in
bugzilla and mark them with the `safe` keyword.

Then, when bringing up a problem or set of problems, link to the corresponding
issues.

There's NOTHING AT ALL anyone can do with statements like "needs to use a hack"
because nobody has any idea what you're referring to.