nothrow by default

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Jan 9 16:19:19 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 9 January 2020 at 14:16:38 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 January 2020 at 13:45:44 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> As posted in another comment, C++/WinRT and Android NDK are
>> two such C++ setups.
>
> I don't use NDK, but the documentation states clearly that it
> only supports new and delete for historic reasons:
>
> «C++ exceptions are supported by libc++, but they are disabled
> by default in ndk-build. This is because historically C++
> exceptions were not available in the NDK. CMake and standalone
> toolchains have C++ exceptions enabled by default.»
>
> https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/cpp-support

Ah, the Android documentation, where Medium posts by Google
employees and twitter posts, and back in the day G+ posts, are
more up to date than the actual documentation.

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/ndk-r14-release/CHANGELOG.md

"RTTI and exceptions are now on by default. This was done for
improved compatibility with existing CMake projects. See
https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/212."