Beeflang - open source performance-oriented compiled programming language

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Fri Jan 10 13:46:09 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 9 January 2020 at 19:55:40 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 January 2020 at 18:01:10 UTC, JN wrote:
>> Personally the things that I like about it is how clean it
>> looks and how IDE support is taken into account when designing
>> it.
>
> Designing with IDE support in mind from the start is the right
> approach today, absolutely right. Could give them a faster pick
> up.

Not only today, since Turbo Pascal for MS-DOS, the languages that
have been designed with IDE support in mind, are the ones that
ended up getting a long term place on my toolbox.

All others, I used to learn about new programming paradigms and
approaches to solving problems, but at the end of the day IDE
workflows and graphical tooling were too important to give away.

I find quite interesting, that although James Gosling was
responsible for XEmacs, he is also on the IDE camp.