Benchmarking mir.ndslice + lubeck against numpy and Julia

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sun Jan 12 11:50:10 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 12 January 2020 at 07:04:00 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 January 2020 at 21:54:13 UTC, p.shkadzko wrote:
>> Today I decided to write a couple of benchmarks to compare D
>> mir with lubeck against Python numpy, then I also added Julia
>> snippets. The results appeared to be quite interesting.
>
> A decent optimizer would remove all your code except the print
> statement.

I was going to say the same thing. I don't even need to look at
the code (and I wouldn't have time to do so anyway). If all
you're doing is comparing the execution speed of the underlying
libraries, Julia is not going to beat Python by such a wide
margin. Julia is "fast" because it's not carrying out the the
claimed operations.