Benchmarking mir.ndslice + lubeck against numpy and Julia

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 15:53:16 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 12 January 2020 at 14:41:11 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> You left out an important detail in your description. gesdd is
> more efficient, but at the expense of being less accurate, and
> can easily fail on you.

Interesting, I didn't actually know that. I just quoted the scipy
documentation. I have only used SVD once before today, and it was
on a 3x3 matrix for point set registration. Performance and
accuracy weren't a problem.

It was wondering why Matlab and Octave default to the slower
method too, but that explains why.