Change D's brand color to blue.

Chris Katko ckatko at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 11:54:21 UTC 2020

On Monday, 13 January 2020 at 04:21:54 UTC, James Lu wrote:
> As we know, D has a branding problem. I suggest a small step
> towards fixing that branding problem, namely changing D's brand
> color to a shade of blue.

Oh. My. God.

The over 1 billion Chinese people on the planet see red as luck,
joy, and happiness. Color meanings are NOT consistent across
cultures. Blue for example, is often associated with depression,
loneliness and saddness... "feeling blue". So you're suggesting
we make D feel like a dead language? :P

Changing the color of a language to increase popularity is the
beyond absurd, as is comparing the color of a website to warning
colors in nature. People aren't that stupid--nobody is choosing a
language because of the _color_ of the website.

https://study.com/academy/lesson/color-meanings-in-different-cultures.html
https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/color-symbolism-and-meanings-around-the-world
[and a thousand other google links for "culture color meaning"]