Benchmarking mir.ndslice + lubeck against numpy and Julia

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:34:40 UTC 2020

On Monday, 13 January 2020 at 11:51:20 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> [snip]

On 1 & 2, you are correct for wherever blas/lapack are used,
which is in a lot of numpy, lubeck, R, etc. However, mir-glas is
intended to be an alternative to blas, though I don't think much
work has been done recently.

On 3, I didn't have time to look into the Julia results, but
someone above made the comment that Julia was optimizing away the
calculation itself. Dennis also had some interesting points above.