DIP 1028---Make @safe the Default---Community Review Round 1

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Jan 13 17:43:48 UTC 2020

On Monday, 13 January 2020 at 17:33:12 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 1/13/20 12:13 PM, Arine wrote:
>> This DIP is a big breaking change that is going to break
>> basically all code out there
>
> Can someone explain this point of view to me? It seems extreme.
>
> I've also seen a lot of assertions that all documentation and
> tutorials (ALL) will be broken.

Yea.  This is something where both sides of the argument are
better off avoiding rhetoric and providing clear empirical
evidence.

Obviously the onus is more strongly on the DIP proponents, but
it's not helpful for anyone to offer unsubstantiated opinion
rather than facts.

Without demonstrable facts on hand, perhaps it's better to
provide feedback on what facts need to be obtained rather than
just unsubstantiated opinion?