Flutter engine based ui framework

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 11:35:34 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 16 January 2020 at 09:21:32 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> Calling D functions isn't so well supported in my webidl
> bindings generator, except for delegates which are used for
> callbacks.

That's why. If you use Dart (or C#) to as the UI language, you
have to call D from it, not vice-versa (I think?). But if you
interface with a framework directly the situation should change.
Well, presumably one needs to write a Dart wrappers for the
events, if Flutter uses them, I'm not familiar with it...

> But we can definitely fix that.

...but if that is done, it should work in any case.

Just to be clear, I don't personally think I'm going to use
Flutter. I've grown to dislike frameworks, preferring to use
libraries. The language agnosticity you lobby for is among the
reasons, but not the only one.