Flutter engine based ui framework

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 16:02:28 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 16 January 2020 at 09:35:33 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> Nah. I think they generate some Dart glue code to help with the
> interfacing.

Apparently they build proxies:

https://github.com/TGIF-iMatrix/MXFlutter/blob/master/js_flutter_src/js_framework_lib/js_flutter_basic_types.js#L83

Not something I want to deal with...

> I am talking about leveraging the multi-platform components
> from Flutter, and move as much of the UI composition and logic
> to D.

Then the advantage of hot patching is lost and it will be
difficult to interface with all Dart-based Flutter components.

One big advantage with Flutter is that you see visual changes in
a running application right after hitting  the save menu item in
the editor (or keyboard shortcut).

> Why do all these frameworks get you locked into their language?
> Is there a technical reason?

As frameworks grow they tend to start using language-features in
ways that are difficult to interface with.