Feedback for this editorial cartoon

Craig Dillabaugh craig.dillabaugh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 17:55:29 UTC 2020

On Monday, 27 January 2020 at 10:12:06 UTC, drug wrote:
> On 1/27/20 12:52 PM, IGotD- wrote:
>> Big projects with a lot of files will probably benefit from D
>> as D is more compact, readable and requires less files. The
>> libraries of D are usually more convenient as well.

clip

> I completely agree to low availability of D programmers but
> don't agree ....

If I were managing a D project I personally wouldn't have any
qualms about hiring skilled C++ developers who expressed a
willingness to learn D.  I bet in many cases it would only be a
matter of weeks before they were more productive in D than they
were with C++ for most run-of-the-mill coding tasks. Writing more
advanced code might take longer. While D certainly has some
differences to C++ I think the skill sets are highly transferable.