Apple is officially moving away from Intel to a custom Arm chip

solidstate1991 laszloszeremi at outlook.com
Wed Jul 1 23:39:26 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 at 16:27:27 UTC, Seb wrote:
> There are _zero_ plans to make DMD work on ARM architectures.
> There are so many other actually impactful things to do ;-)

I personally had, but I quickly gave up due to the massive amount
of work it would have taken, alongside with having less
experience with coding.

Supposedly it wouldn't be too hard to modify the backend, and now
that it's also in D it would be much easier. I personally don't
have any will to do as such, and I would like to work on my own
projects instead, like the BASIC interpreter I started to design.