I just want to code in peace

ADEV adev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 11:29:01 UTC 2020

I want to code in peace

I want my favorite IDE to provide great auto-completion, so i can
avoid stupid typos, and be more productive

I want my favorite IDE to have an integrated debugger, so i can
fix bugs in peace

I want my favorite IDE to understand my project and dependencies,
so i spend less time trying to figure out or to remember
EVERYTHING at once myself

I want my favorite IDE to help me be more productive using the
language i love

Why is the community so split and silent with that issue

I don't understand how people can't understand how important this
is

Are we forced to create this similar post every fking year to
bring awareness?

D is the best language ever created, but its tools are DOGSHIT,
because when it's time to debug something, it's a pain in the
fking ASS

vim, tim, bim, kim, zim, him, pim, tik, tok are not IDEs

We had DLS, the best tool and the best plugin's editor for D

And this community managed to make its author to quit, and this
went ignored..

Even D co-creator quit

No fresh blood anymore, why nobody care, if all the spammers and
bikesheeders from this forum donated $10 / month, we could hire a
professional and dedicated developper to work and maintain decent
plugins for the most popular IDEs

All it takes to drive adoption up, is ONE, and ONE single
dedicated person who is willing to make the D experience easier
for the people

It's not hard, IDEs can help with that, just like popular
libraries (flutter), all it take is 1, just 1