newCTFE is getting ported to 2.092

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Sun Jun 7 13:19:59 UTC 2020

On Friday, 5 June 2020 at 20:24:10 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> just a short message.
> Since the tools which I wrote for a better workflow developing
> on dmd.
> namely "asttypename.d"
> are working again I have decided to port newCTFE which was
> written against
> 2.074.1 to 2.092
> Which should be there after this weekend.
>
> nested switches and re-throwing on exceptions are broken.
>
> Associative Arrays are not implemented yet.
> reals are not supported (and are not really on the agenda due
> to portability issues)
>
> That's it.
> The rest should work.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stefan

I have build your branch and I don't know where to start.

1. there are issues with the new check for printf format.
(commented them to go further)
2. "dparse" doedsn't build
3. "iz" doesn't build
4. "styx" doesn't build
5. segfault when building "dmd-fe" using the sdl description
6. overhaul too much stuff are logged (esp. the bailouts)
7. I've managed to get simple packages to get compiled ("x11",
"imageformats")

I'll eventually just send you scripts for what does not work.
Or maybe tomorrow morning I'll be on IRC I think... as I prefer
live chats for these kind of things.