Status of std.container rewrite?

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 20:46:38 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 7 June 2020 at 18:39:22 UTC, Rahul Gupta wrote:

> I am new to D, just started learning a few days back. I have
> been writing small programs to learn D, some of which require
> use of containers.

The D language feature is great, however the library has some
problems.

But you can always use language *built-in* containers: array,
Associative Arrays

https://dlang.org/spec/arrays.html
https://dlang.org/spec/hash-map.html

to get most things done, also there are algorithms in the std
library:

https://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm.html
https://dlang.org/phobos/std_range.html

For small programs, these built-ins normally are good enough.

If you do want to use D in your project (instead of having
competition restrictions), you can check

https://code.dlang.org/

for user contributed libraries. If you still can’t find what you
want, then you need to have some hacker spirit to write you own
libraries. Welcome to the D world :-)