Why do you continue to use D?

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 18:00:51 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 11 June 2020 at 13:18:58 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> I think D is fine for the scripts we tend to have and if every
> was fluent/enjoying D, I could see time taken to implement
> something in D. But I'm working with QA and developers which
> don't appear to be doing it for the joys of programming.

Good point. It's been said many times before, but the people who
use D the most and post on this mailing list are a self-selected
group that, by definition, are outside the norm. That will be the
case until/unless D becomes a mainstream language with a better
reason to use it than "it's a fun language to program in".