A few questions

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Thu Jun 11 21:33:22 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 11 June 2020 at 17:55:59 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 June 2020 at 14:04:47 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> I have a few questions I hope somebody from the D Language
>> Foundation can answer.

To the OP: perhaps questions to the foundation are best addressed
at the e-mail address listed on the page that you quoted.

>> Here they are:
>>
>> 1. The website dlang.org states the following
>> (https://dlang.org/foundation/about.html)
>>
>> The officers of the D Language Foundation are:
>>     • Walter Bright, President
>>     • Tudor Andrei Cristian Alexandrescu, Vice President and
>> Treasurer
>>     • Ali Çehreli, Secretary
>>
>> Is this information still accurate? Wasn’t Attila Neves to
>> hold one of the positions above?
> Its possibly an oversight. I'm not sure if anyone is in-charge
> though. I know Seb to be one of the Web guys.

It is not an oversight. He passed on a number of responsibilities
but still serves the Foundation.
https://youtu.be/cpTAtiboIDs?t=3049

>> 2. Is there an overview or an annual financial report where
>> donators and contributors can see what the money is used for?
> Interesting question

Being a 501(c) organization their accounting is subject to
external audits. There is no public financial report that I know
of, but then again donations are typically done to a specific
purpose.

>> 3. Has the page https://dlang.org/orgs-using-d.html been
>> updated, i.e. are there any newcomers or are there any
>> companies that are still listed but have actually stopped
>> using D?
> Ditto

It is maintained:
https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/commits/master/orgs-using-d.dd