D language for Graphical User Interface and Cross Platform Development

Zoadian no at no.no
Fri Jun 19 13:35:41 UTC 2020

On Friday, 19 June 2020 at 07:46:02 UTC, Greatsam4sure wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 at 12:15:07 UTC, Zoadian wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 at 10:33:36 UTC, BoQsc wrote:
>>> It seems that by using gtkd project to build your GUI
>>> application it requires a preinstalled runtime that weights
>>> around 40mb, for Windows operating systems.
>>> (https://gtkd.org/download.html)
>>>
>>> A Dlang UI GUI project by Buggins seems to be deprecated and
>>> even a simple example could not be run anymore.
>>> (https://github.com/buggins/dlangui)
>>>
>>> I'm not aware of any other serious project that could
>>> efficiently provide a way to build a stable GUI.
>>>
>>> What should I do if I want to write a cross-platform
>>> application with graphical user interface in D? Should I wait
>>> until there will be better maintained libraries listed on the
>>> (https://wiki.dlang.org/GUI_Libraries) or there are other
>>> ways to create and build a GUI D language application?
>>
>> vibe.d + vue.js works perfectly
>
> Can you point to a url or tutorial of how to combine vibe.d and
> vue.js to build a desktop app than can work on all operative
> system. I am really interested in this. I will appreciate your
> reply

Sry I dont have any examples I could share.
You would build your application as any other vue.js app. Best to
look at their documentation. Vibe.d is only used a a web server.
You could use arsd or other libs for that too.
Finally I use chromium embedded framework to make it a native
app. See https://github.com/Zoadian/cefBasedViewerExample for an
simple example. (Only supports minimum cef functionality for now)