Why Phobos is cool

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:30:18 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 25 June 2020 at 14:41:49 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:

> So 146 number is pretty laughable in comparison. Running `yarn
> list | wc -l` on a random project of our gives me 7368 :D

I'l assume your post isn't satire ^^

This doesn't rezally work for native since:
- there is the cost of compiling this ahead of time, which isn't
negligible and with a cost structure unlike Javascript (in the
best case, code has to be compiled in and then stripped by
linker, very slow)
- native programs have many possibilities to go wrong (deadlocks,
threading, memory allocations...) and that differs from project
to project ; you cannot enforce any invariant with such a number
of libraries. And it's a huge hurdle for "common off the shelf"
libraries.