Apple is officially moving away from Intel to a custom Arm chip

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jun 26 16:03:32 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 02:02:05PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> 3) change your ldc.conf to use the libraries from the arm-linux
> package when targeting arm-linux
[...]
> Step 3 is the relatively painful one, for android, i made a program to do it
> automatically
> https://github.com/adamdruppe/d_android/blob/master/android-setup.d#L232
>
> But we should lobby the ldc upstream to just include all the configs
> out of the box on all systems. Maybe the libraries are a separate
> download, but no reason not to put the config in so it just works out
> of the box for cross compile too.

+1.  It would be nice to have a default config that assumes some default
paths so that it will Just Work(tm) once you download the requisite
optional libraries.  Finding the information on what exactly to write in
the config file was not an easy experience for me -- there's conflicting
information online, and no clear instructions on what will work for my
case.  If nothing else, even a bunch of commented-out sample sections
for common target platforms in the shipped config file would have helped
a lot.

The computer is only a tool. Unfortunately, so is the user. -- Armaphine, K5