D's performance.

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Jun 30 14:55:56 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 30 June 2020 at 14:46:32 UTC, Jowei Dei wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 June 2020 at 14:33:46 UTC, Dukc wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 30 June 2020 at 14:26:02 UTC, Jowei Dei wrote:
>>> I am curious about the performance of D language as a
>>> production tool, compared with C and C + + these lower level
>>> languages will be slower? Can you provide some parameters for
>>> comparison? thank you.
>>
>> This article is biased towards D, but still illustrates why we
>> tend to favor it:
>> https://seb.wilzba.ch/b/2018/02/the-expressive-c17-coding-challenge-in-d/
>
> Thank you for your information. It seems that the performance
> of D is not very bad compared with low-level languages. It may
> be between C and Java or. Net. As a normal production tool,
> there should be no problem. Thank you for your reply. Best
> regards

Not sure what you mean by drawing a distinction between D and
low-level languages. If you translate a piece of C code into D
(it doesn't even require much translation since the syntax is
similar) and compile it, you'll get the performance of C. If D
code is slower than C, it's because you've chosen to write slower
code for convenience/safety reasons rather than performance.