D's performance.

Jowei Dei 1365873325 at qq.com
Tue Jun 30 15:13:15 UTC 2020

> Not sure what you mean by drawing a distinction between D and
> low-level languages. If you translate a piece of C code into D
> (it doesn't even require much translation since the syntax is
> similar) and compile it, you'll get the performance of C. If D
> code is slower than C, it's because you've chosen to write
> slower code for convenience/safety reasons rather than
> performance.

I want to use d to develop my own DSL, which requires the
performance guarantee of the original language to avoid the
performance loss of the upper DSL. In addition, I don't want to
implement an extremely complex garbage collector by myself, so I
want to find a language with automatic collection function. After
comprehensive consideration, I still think that D is very
suitable in this respect. It is not cumbersome, fast, and the
basic library is relatively complete.