An example of why I hate the web

Vijay Nayar madric at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:59:01 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 3 March 2020 at 04:19:58 UTC, jxel wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 March 2020 at 00:59:44 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> So of course this is just a stupid playlist at youtube, i.e a
>> Google company.
>> But what you get every day by overpaid enginneers is that.
>>
>> They cant even manage an association list.
>> Imagine how many they are paid ? They have **no fucking clue
>> about about what they do**.
>> You see this is not even an interesting bug.
>
> Google is a big company, I wouldn't doubt that was implemented
> by an intern. Everyone else probably has something more
> important to work on.

Having worked at Google for 3 years, I can tell you that this
does actually happen.  I hosted two interns one summer, and
sometimes we did leave isolated tasks that they could take on and
fix independently.  However, the code is reviewed by the people
hosting them and the review process is supposed to be very
exhaustive.  That means that the full-time developers are not off
the hook either, it's their responsibility to review code even
the code written by interns.