druntime redesign

Denis Feklushkin feklushkin.denis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 20:47:53 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 17 March 2020 at 20:27:21 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2020-03-17 18:38, Denis Feklushkin wrote:

>> Yes, already implemented in new PR:
>> https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/2997
>
> That PR kind of misses the point. What I did with Mecca was to
> manage to remove, more or less, all version identifiers from
> outside of the `platform` package.
>
> If you're doing this for druntime I recommend you have a
> package for each platform. Currently you still have all version
> identifiers in the file for Posix.

This is not a problem as long as all of these platforms are
supported by druntime.

But yes, some another Posix files can be divided into smallest
platform parts, but such small file as posix's time.d can be left
and so - there will no be problem.

I didn’t think about staying on this state with splitted
core.stdc.time. I wanted to divide core.time too and some of its
parts maybe become divided to smallest sys modules as you say.
But now I stuck into these Makefiles and don't know how to solve
this gracefully.