D mentioned on Rust discussions site

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu May 21 09:09:27 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 22:10 +0200, Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]
> Personally I prefer the atmosphere of the D forums -- generally
> respectful and professional, but being respectful is not subordinate to
> being able to make technical points, passionate debate is allowed and
> you don't have to spend time deciphering criticism that is disguised as
> a compliment or wondering whether your point has been taken.

The Rust forum is generally very good, very positive, even when discussing
crufty bits of Rust – of which there are many, just like any other programming
language. The posts being dissected in this thread here is very unusual and
hence the interjection of the Rust illuminati to stop the disrespectful
negative vibes.

I think that D got a mention in the Rust forum is overall very good. It's just
sad the person used disrespectful tones. It happens in all language specific
milieu though, due I would suggest to tribalism, to try and protect the less
confident members from a potential threat to the tribe's canon.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200