D mentioned on Rust discussions site

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:40:10 UTC 2020

On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 15:27:13 UTC, Chris wrote:

> First of all, thanks Mike Parker for also deleting Russel's
> answer that contained my original answer (I still wonder how
> that could escape you). It looks a lot better now, more
> consistent. Well done.

Either I completely overlooked it or Russel uses a newsreader and
had already downloaded the post before I deleted it but replied
after. Our policy is to delete posts that quote deleted posts.

> Second, Walter, I've noticed that the word "unprofessional" has
> become a blanket term for anything the D leadership doesn't
> like / want to hear. In my opinion, D has become a political
> enterprise.

I have to disagree with this. Forum moderation is not censorship
and there's nothing political behind it. I deleted your post not
because of the opinion you expressed, but because of the manner
in which you expressed it. You have a habit of insulting the
people who put their time and energy into this project. Your
posts have in the past derailed and disrupted otherwise civil
discussions. I would not have deleted your post if you had not
included that insult, or it if were a one-off. But for you, it's
a pattern. And I will delete any future posts if you can't
refrain from insulting people. You can be critical and civil at
the same time. Please try to do so going forward.