D mentioned on Rust discussions site

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Mon May 25 10:55:13 UTC 2020

On Monday, 25 May 2020 at 09:00:03 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> Unless the users are as excited as I am to present at
> conferences how they benefit from D, nobody can answer those
> questions. Open source does not work that way. Even if one
> asked Sociomantic or Facebook, they are not obliged to give
> answers.
>
> Ali

Fair enough, but I think it would make sense to contact those
companies. I'm sure Facebook would be willing to give you an
answer like "We are still using it actively." However, if you
list Facebook on your homepage and _if_ it's only because Andrei
once wrote some stuff (because he actually worked there), that
looks a bit weird, exaggerated, not optimal. Imagine somebody
finds out that your claims are inflated, they might get very
angry.

By the way, you're probably one of the people to ask this
question. Are there annual financial reports of the D Language
Foundation? How the money was spent etc.?