We need a community effort to maintain unmaintained dub packages, suggestions

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Fri May 22 22:54:30 UTC 2020

On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 21:35:45 UTC, mw wrote:
> On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 21:15:42 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
>> I believe this is the purpose of the dlang-community github
>> organization:
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang-community
>
> Thanks for the link, can we add this link to
> https://code.dlang.org/
>
> on each individual package's page, with the message:
>
> If you found issues with this package, and it is no longer
> maintained and worth maintaining, please file an issue at:
>
> https://github.com/dlang-community/discussions/issues
>

> I'm adding the two packages I just found there.

Well the capacities that dlang-community can maintain are limited
as well, so I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to advertise it
so openly as a "free service", but I agree that it currently has
too little presence (and maintainers). We generally only move a
package if there's a volunteer in dlang community that actually
is interested in maintaining the library (though it's not hard to
become such a volunteer).