We need a community effort to maintain unmaintained dub packages, suggestions

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Sat May 23 17:10:27 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 23 May 2020 at 07:27:50 UTC, Luis wrote:
> Because this, I forked two small packages and get it under my
> wing, with the self-compromise that at least I will keep it
> working on future versions of D. However, I published they with
> different names and changing the module name. Something that
> should be totally unnecessary.
>
> And there are many packages with the same problem on the wild.

Right, people forked & fixed, but the fix cannot be contributed
back to the D community.

Other users are still getting the original buggy version from
dub, and don't have an easy way to find new patches.

So the main blocker is to get the write permission (of the
unmaintained packages) of the dub system, this will solve lots of
these problems.

Or we should setup a new policy that any new dub packages should
give write permission to dlang-community by default.