We need a community effort to maintain unmaintained dub packages, suggestions

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Sat May 23 18:45:25 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 23 May 2020 at 17:27:15 UTC, mw wrote:
> But for industry usage, there is another side of the story, i.e
> accountability & company politics. The managers who can make
> decisions (together with the consequent responsibility) have to
> think about the worst scenario: what if the project missed the
> deadline? or even fail? Will s/he *bet* his/her job security or
> even career on a new language / library? Most managers sure
> won't.

Your run-of-the-mill manager would think like that, I guess. That
is why, as far as I know, D is used commercially in companies
that are managed by tech people; People who can properly put a
value on the advantages and disadvantages of using D, and
consider its significance for their chances of success versus
risk of failure.

— Bastiaan.