proposal: GC.*partial*collect(Duration maxPauseTime, Duration maxCollectionTime)

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Mon May 25 06:03:56 UTC 2020

On 25/05/2020 5:55 PM, mw wrote:
> On Monday, 25 May 2020 at 04:48:44 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>> You don't need a DIP.
>>
>> Write the code, show its good, get it merged.
>

> Ha! I may give it a try although I'm not an expert on this.
>
> Can you give some extra info? e.g. source file location? maybe in the
> following thread?

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/master/src/gc/impl/conservative/gc.d

I tried once to add snapshot support so Windows could be asynchronous,
lets just say I never found the place where it does the pointer checking
and I didn't get much in the way of help myself.

Not that I made much fuss about it. Squeaky wheel gets the oil and all that.