Preventing another 1028

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu May 28 13:27:17 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 13:01:43 UTC, IGotD- wrote:

> I think one of the biggest problems is the expectations of the
> management model. DIP 1028 has issues where a lot of people
> disagreed and valid criticism, yet it was accepted on the first
> round. Is this a community development model? Perhaps D should
> go towards a committee model instead. This might be a better
> model for Walter and those who has a clear vision of how D
> should evolve, despite unpopular changes.

The DIP went through one round of community review and one round
of final review just like every other DIP does. Some go through
multiple rounds of community review when the DIP author
significantly modifies the DIP after the first round in response
to feedback. It is *always* up to the DIP auhtor to accept that
feedback or to reject it.

Please read the DIP process documentation:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs