@safe/DIP1028 explained in meme form

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:54:43 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 16:50:52 UTC, Bruce Carneal wrote:
> For most DIPs we have two nominally impartial experts looking
> out for the interests of the community.  In the case of 1028 we
> only had 1, Atila.
>
> This is a problem with the process that can and should be fixed.

No, this is where y'all are getting wrong. The process led to a
review board of two. Or, essentially one in this case since the
author was on the board and thus unable to be impartial.

The board is the area that needs expansion. The process that gets
a DIP in front of and away from the board will not change if the
number of board members increases/members recuse themselves for
impartiality reasons/etc.