@safe/DIP1028 explained in meme form

Johannes Loher johannes.loher at fg4f.de
Thu May 28 16:55:12 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 16:48:41 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 16:35:09 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>

>> Which is why the process is problematic and needs to be
>> changed.
>
> Again, I disagree. The *process* is not problematic. The issue
> people are having right now is with the assessment of DIPs
> written by the language maintainers. That's separate from the
> review process itself.

That's part of it. But at least some people also also would like
to change the fact that in the end, the decision is made only by
2 people, especially if the proposal is made by one of these 2
people. The reason is that it just is very difficult to make an
objective decision about your own proposal and only having to
convince one person is a lot easier than having to convince 2.
People feel that DIP1028 would probably not have been accepted if
we had a stricter process in that regard.