@safe/DIP1028 explained in meme form

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu May 28 21:09:02 UTC 2020

On 5/28/20 4:59 PM, Ethan wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 20:55:23 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
>> But the DIP text itself did not convince the other language
>> maintainer. A phone call did. It did not go through on its own merits.
>
> Even with a board of more than two members, I'd expect them to discuss
> dissenting opinions before coming to a conclusion.
>
> Discussion isn't a problem here, it's impartiality (and lack thereof).

I have to say, if Walter convinced 2 people, or some other DIP author
convinced Walter and Atila, I still wouldn't accept the result.

I don't understand this discussion at all. The conclusion was just
basically wrong. No matter how many people you convince that the Earth
is flat, it's still not.

-Steve