Discussion Thread: DIP 1037--Add Unary Operator ...--Community Review Round 1

claptrap clap at trap.com
Sun Nov 1 14:35:21 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 1 November 2020 at 10:45:48 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 November 2020 at 10:15:44 UTC, claptrap wrote:
>> To me "alias sequence" is an implementers name, it's named for
>> how it's implemented not for the actual concept.
>
> Yes, but tuples should have struct semantics, and structs hold
> values, not aliases.

Why should they? Why cant a tuple hold aliases? That's
essentially what AliasSeq is isnt it?

I mean you shouldn't have to use arrays at run time and then
entitylist at compile time, just because its holding something CT
only. An array is an array.

Maybe Im being naive or idealistic though.