D programming language popularity

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Fri Nov 6 23:16:53 UTC 2020

On Friday, 6 November 2020 at 23:04:44 UTC, aberba wrote:

> I don't think D is EVER going to be without a GC though. 8ts
> very necessary for app development... productivity and safe.

D should take the same route as Nim. Nim has several garbage
collection algorithms and can swap them out as they see fit.
Latest reference counting algorithm has been a success for Nim
and the language just keep on improving because they have
invested in good GC as well an architecture where they can
continue to play with different approaches.

GC is not bad but the language must support changing GC
algorithms.

D is in a corner here a can go nowhere.