Better branding of -betterC

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:15:03 UTC 2020

On Monday, 16 November 2020 at 16:56:14 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> But yes, we got minecraft in Java, that got rewritten in C++
> because it sucked and couldn't get proper console, not even
> devent mobile release

Yes, but for indies on a low budget tooling that allow you to cut
costs would be an asset. So he probably chose the right tool for
him for where he was at the time.

But clearly, a stop the world collector is not what you want, you
would actually be better off writing your game-client in
javascript...

Still, having options that play well with each other would be a
good thing. For instance, having ARC as an option in C++ would be
a good thing. Having a single threaded compacting GC and ARC as
options would be a good thing for D.

Not sure where D is heading... But yeah, too many people that
wanted to use D for highly interactive apps have moved on. Trying
to convince those that remain that the current GC is good for
this application space will obviously not encourage them to stay.
So not sure what the purpose of such rhetorical games are...

Cheers!