Better branding of -betterC

Dibyendu Majumdar d.majumdar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:46:07 UTC 2020

On Monday, 16 November 2020 at 16:56:14 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:

> Thankfully we have people who think like you, so nobody uses D
> for gamedev, despite that category being the most popular in
> every stores

I think that is a very good observation.
It is a huge industry and currently I believe C++ & C dominate
when it comes to core engine stuff.

I am not a games developer but I know that guys like Jonathan
Blow would not use a language that has GC in it.

My motivation for starting the Laser-D project is to make D
attractive to those who do not want the GC even as an option.

It is ironic that Walter was inspired to start his career in
compiler tools because he wanted to write a game - I hope I am
not remembering incorrectly!

Right now is the time to try to get into this market because
there are multiple parallel attempts to do so (Jai, Zig etc).